About Us

Monday, October 25, 2010

High Speed!!!


We are sure moving up in the world.  We now have high speed internet.  This is a video of Elijah that I've loaded on here as a test.  I'm hoping that seeing this on my blog will make it seem more real.  I had a hard time finding a video because I'm usually more concerned about finding good pictures for my blog.  Now I am able to not only view videos but upload videos as well. 

High speed internet isn't the only improvement we made this week.  I also signed us up to recieve garbage service.  This was the first time I had heard of trash pick up called "garbage service".  I was glad that I found out what it was called.  I would have felt funny asking the lady on the phone, "Is this the place that collects trash?"  Instead I saw in the phone book that another company called it garbage service.  So I was able to be far more professional about it.  We will now have our garbage picked up once a week.  I'm very happy about that.  It was getting to be a problem trying to find a good time to take the garbage to the dump.  Scott went to work too early and got off too late to take it for me.  I used to burn the trash but there has been a burn ban and no sign of it being lifted any time soon. Then I tried to get all the trash loaded in the van with the kids and go out of our way to take it to the dump before we had to be at our karate class.  Finally I just made up my mind that I had to do something.  After several phone calls I finally got to the right place and we can have our trash picked up for only $20 a month.   That is well worth it to me. 

The high speed internet is definitely going to be a benefit not only to my own ability to blog and keep in touch with family and friends, but it will help me with homeschooling the kids as well.  We will be able to view more educational videos and not have to wait for everything to download before I'm able to use it.  Now I can just say, "Hey, let's look it up!"  and find the answer to many of our homeschool questions.  This also means I will be able to Skype my brother and his family in France. 

And for everyone else, this means y'all will get to see a few more videos on my blog.  I'll try to take some good ones.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment