About Us

Friday, October 29, 2010

E-mail

My older children have been having fun with their new e-mail addresses which their Papa (my dad) gave them.  Joshua has been sending me e-mails every day. 

I highly recommend every parent find some way to communicate privately with your children.   I've been amazed at some of the thoughts and my children have shown in just a few sentences they have typed to me.  If you are afraid of your children having e'mail, I would recommend setting up an in home mail box.  Where your children can write you a letter each day and maybe let each of them have their own mail boxes where you put their answered letters.  I may do that with my younger children where they can draw pictures for me. 

With my older children I used to have them write me letters in cursive.  It was a practice in reading and writing in cursive.  I would write them a letter to read in cursive and they were to write me back.  Now they are getting practice in typing while writing letters to me and their Papa.  Scott even plans to join in on the e'mails during his lunch break. 

 Hannah and Jonathan do not have complete understand of letter writing.  So I'll probably start working with them on mailing real letters and starting off with an in home mail box where they can "write" me and Daddy.

It's amazing how many subjects we have been adding to our homeschool without the kids even realizing it.  Who says work can't be fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment