About Us

Saturday, October 03, 2009

Crazy Hats, Football Hannah, and Preacher Jonathan

I wanted to get a better picture of my kids with their crazy hats but I'm going to go ahead and post this one. Last week we made crazy hats for a fun concert some friends of ours put on each year. It was a lot of fun. As one of the activities they had a crazy hat contest for the girls and the ladies. Of course Joshua and Jonathan didn't want to be left out of the fun, so I let them make a crazy hat too. Jonathan wasn't wanting to put his hat on for this picture so the kids just decided to hold his hat for him.

During the girls' contest they were to get up on stage and describe their hats to the judges. I never talked with the girls about how to describe their hats. I simply let them decorate them however they wanted. I simply helped with the hot glue.


One girl had gotten on stage with a hat that had a light bulb on top. She was letting her light shine. Another girl had a skunk hat and the theme of her hat was "little stinker." Another girl had a hat with a phone on it and they described her hat as "can you hear me now." Then Hannah got up on stage and very proudly announced, "My hat is a HOMEMADE hat. My mommy made, my brother made it, and I made it!!!" She then smiled real big and turned to let them see all the cotton balls and beads and ribbon on her had.


Ruth came a couple of girls later and said, "It's a hat I made?" The only way she could think to describe it. I was happy that Hannah won 1st and Ruth 2nd place. Probably because they obviously designed their hats themselves.

In this second picture, Hannah is dressed up as a football player. She put balls up in her shoulders for muscles. She thinks the football player's shoulder pads are their actual muscles. She wants to wear her "football uniform" (pictured) constantly. One day I wanted her to get different clothes to put on after her shower. She told me but I want to put these back on so I can be a football player. I had to explain to her that even football players had to have their uniforms washed sometime. They don't wear them all the time, only when they are actually playing. It took quite a bit of convincing, but she finally relinquished her uniform as long as I gave it back to her as soon as it was clean. If you notice in this picture that she has her foot on is actually a basketball. She kicks it around like a football though. She also likes to do the football exercise where the boys stomp their feet and fall flat on their stomaches and then get quickly back up. She'll do that about 10 times in a row. I don't know where she gets the energy.


I don't have a good picture of Jonathan preaching. I did get a video, but I can't post it on dial-up, so that video will have to wait. I will tell you the story though. I was sitting holding him in my arms and asking him, "Will you always be my baby?"


Of course, he smiles shakes his head and says, "No."


One of the times I asked him that, he smiled shook his head and then said, "No. Daddy!"


Then he immediately jumped out of my lap and started marching around the room with his finger over his lips saying, "Ssshhh... Ssshh..." Then he started singing at the top of his lungs. Of course after a short bit of singing he started yelling at the top of his lungs and marching around the room pointing at everyone. It was hilarious. He even pointed and yelled at imaginary individuals. After making sure we all understood what it was he had to say, he started singing as loud as he could again.
I showed the video to Scott and he said, "Wow, I never knew I preached quite like that."

The only part I can really understand is his "sh..sh..sh..."ing everyone. We do that to him a lot during Scott's sermon. Scott never has to shoosh anyone, but me and the kids are always trying to get Jonathan to be quiet during the sermon. So that was where that came from. I've never seen Scott yell at the top of his lungs in the pulpit or even out of the pulpit. I don't know about that but it was funny seeing his idea of Daddy's preaching. Joshua, Ruth, and Hannah just loved it. We had such fun watching him preach at us. I guess Scott made some kind of impression on his young mind. After watching the video Scott had to sit down and give his little boy trying to be like Daddy a hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment