About Us

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Hannah's 7th Birthday!

Monday was Hannah's birthday! She has been planning this day all month.

Her first request for her birthday was that we get to watch a "girly" movie. She complained that there were too many movie nights that we had to watch a "boy" movie. She wanted to watch something really girly with Princesses in it. So after co-op today, we went to the store and bought "Barbie and the Three Musketeers." This movie fit Hannah to a T. Even Scott laughed and said that it was the perfect Hannah movie. Pretty much the story line is how Barbie wants to be a Musketeer but people keep telling her that girls can't be musketeers. She doesn't give up and meets 3 other girls who all have the same dream of being Musketeers and protecting the prince. Despite all the odds against them they uncover a plot against the prince and finally get their chance to rescue him. I love the twist on the normal Maiden in Distress being rescued by the Prince. Having the Prince in distress being rescued by the Maiden was exactly up Hannah's alley. :-)

She also wanted a funfetti cake with sprinkled icing. She asked me to draw a picture on the cake of a pink castle with purple doors. In this picture you can see what I managed to come up with. Hannah declared it perfect.


She also wanted a pinata. I let her pick one out while we were at the store. She originally wanted a castle pinata but decided that the flower one would hold more candy so she chose it instead.


We let each of the kids choose what they wanted to hit the pinata with. It was a lot of fun watching them.


Hannah went first. I think the bandana covering her face should have been rolled up thicker because they could see the outline of the pinata a little bit through it.


Elijah went next. I must say that something about being two just makes him extremely cute hitting a pinata. We didn't put the bandana on him, since we were afraid he'd hurt himself or somebody else. You can also see his big smile better.
He loved getting to hit that funny flower swinging on a rope.


Jonathan was next. He chose to use his numchuks which are soft. When I questioned the effectiveness of such a soft weapon on the pinata, Scott just told me that at least he won't hurt himself.


Ruth used sii to hit the pinata.


Joshua also used the sii. We teased him a little about the pink bandana on his face. He didn't mind the teasing at all. We had a good laugh though because Scott was a little more aggressive moving the flower up and down for Joshua. We kept telling Joshua that he was getting beat up by a flower. He was having fun right along with us and loved the challenge.


I wasn't planning to post this picture but I'll go ahead and do it. They all insisted that I take a turn. I felt a bit silly but I humored them. I preferred staying behind the camera but Scott had one of the kids take over the camera. You can see how big Elisabeth is getting. I've been told that she looks lower and I must admit it's getting harder to walk. I kind of go around with more of a waddle now and trying to avoid cameras. :-)

Scott decided to fight the pinata with his bare hands. We had a lot of fun laughing with him as well. Joshua got to pull the rope and enjoyed the sparring match between Scott and the flower. Of course Scott's barehanded fight inspired Elijah and he had to go over there and slap the flower with his hands when it was his turn again.


Hannah got to open her birthday presents at the end of all the fun. She was real excited to have gotten new sparring gear and a new gi bag to put her gear and uniform in. She even got a pair of house shoes that have a special floor cleaning sole on them.


Since Hannah put her gear on the others all geared up for a sparring match and I had them pose for this last picture.
Jonathan got Hannah's old helmet and a new set of gloves to go with it. Hannah had outgrown her old helmet. It won't be long and Jonathan will outgrow it and be passing it down to Elijah. Ah, how time flies these days!

I just have to add another advantage to having a large family, you always have a big party and plenty of game participants on hand. :-)

I had a Doctor's appointment yesterday. Elisabeth has a healthy heart beat and I'm measuring a couple of inches big. But my doctor didn't seem concerned about it. She simply told me, "Y'all just make big babies." So I'm guessing Elisabeth might be on the bigger side. I'm hoping she's not competing for Jonathan's 11 lb birth weight. All the others fell around the 8 to 9 lb range. I'll just have to wait and see. Only 2 more months to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment