About Us

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Getting Ready to Fly!


I'm working on some changes to my writing goals. I really do plan to write more often. I have been getting back to the love of writing.

If you noticed over the years my blog has been changing. It went from my writing about things that touched me in some way to trying to keep up with what is going on in my life right now.

I found that it's easier for me to just post short bits about my family on Facebook. It seems a bit repetitive to post those same things on my blog. It's hard to blog about every detail of my life while trying to live it. (Like right now, I'm blogging while feeding my baby.)

I have been learning a lot about blogging and other forms of writing through a writing course that I am taking. You'll probably be seeing quite a few of my writing assignments on here. I feel I'll be killing two birds with one stone that way.

Eventually I would like to start blogging under my own domain name and having an email newsletter with exclusive non-blog stuff. I just need to work this part out.

I'm hoping to be able to start this new endeavor by the New Year. It's a work in progress right now. You can help me by letting me know honestly what you like or don't like about my blog posts and what I write. Your feedback can help me as I prepare to move forward with some exciting new changes. You'll probably start seeing some little changes from time to time. Feel free to leave me a comment when you notice something new that you like or don't like. :-)

I'm also working on a special Christmas present for everyone.

Please help me out as I spread my wings to fly!

"But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up on wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31 

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see how your blogging and writing evolve. I'm in your writing class and I know how difficult it is to make all these changes...and you've got a big family to take care of as well as being a preacher's wife! Wow...I appreciated reading your post...you seem to write from the heart and I like that. I think people, especially moms, need to hear about the daily challenges, etc. It helps them realize they're not alone...that you share some of the same struggles, challenges, and "good stuff." I wish you well! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo Anastacia! So glad the Tribe Writers class has given you the push you needed to get back to writing. I seem to be on the same timeline as you -- migrating to WP by the new year and offering that special gift! Keep up the good work! God bless~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anastasia - now I see how you have time to blog (you multi-task). I think that over time our writing (and blogging) will evolve and we often have to change gears so to speak.

    I'm thankful for the Tribe Writers group and I look foward to seeing more of your writing here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I applaud your decision to devote more attention to your writing and for the goals you've set for yourself. Just keep taking one small step after another and you will make it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Anita, Maria, and Joan!
    I try to multi task as much as I can. The areas I can't multi-task too well at, I try to teach my kids to help out. I'm definitely not perfect and sometimes things get left undone but like my writing it's all a work in progress. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Peter! Tribe Writers is helping me get my writing back to where I want it. I'm looking forward to making some of the changes to my blog.

    ReplyDelete