About Us

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

It's ....the moment you've all been waiting for!

Mommy's Chubby Cheeks
 It's been a good day! We went to my ultrasound appointment.  I had warned Hannah, last night, that the baby might not be what she wanted.  She told me that she was going to pray real hard that God make the baby a girl.  I told her that God can't change the gender of the baby over night.  She said, "God can!" She was positive.  So I had to change my way of explaining it because she is right, God can do whatever he wants.  So I tried again.

"God knew when this baby was first conceived in my tummy what he wanted this baby to be. So whether this baby is a boy or a girl, God has already decided and we'll be happy with whatever God wants. 
Profile (Daddy's nose?)
Hannah told me, "Well, I'm still going to pray that it's a baby sister." 

She said that she likes having Ruth as a big sister but that she wants a little sister too.  Ruth isn't any fun to dress up and she's tired of dressing up her brothers who are now too old to dress in girly stuff, at least while their big brother is on guard.

I told her that the best thing to pray for now is that the baby will cooperate for us and let us see whether it is a boy or a girl.
Arms Crossed (I think some kind of karate move.)

We arrived at the doctor's office and checked in.  They called me back promptly and the ultrasound was underway.  The ultrasound tech said that everything was measuring well. However you see how the arms are crossed in this picture? Well, the legs were equally crossed.  After she got all the baby's other measurements, we tried to see if we could get the baby to uncross it's legs.

Well, the baby was very modest and it took me turning over from one side to another about 3 or 4 times to finally get the baby to show the label.  
Little Feet
I told Hannah that this baby knew that she wanted to know so badly that it was teasing her. 

One thing that I was amazed at is how much jiggling my belly can take.  Now here I've been worrying about bumpy roads and not jarring too much when exercising.  The ultrasound tech kept jiggling my side and I'm like so that's okay? :-) I guess the baby is pretty well padded.

Anyway, I know that's not what y'all are all waiting to hear. "So get on with it already, Stacie! Was Hannah disappointed? Is she in her room crying right now?"

Hmmm... Maybe I should save the rest of the story for the next blog. 

Okay, Okay! God knew that Hannah would be praying for a sister and decided that he would go ahead and give her what she wanted.  We are expecting a happy healthy baby girl. We are blessed with children that know to pray for the things that are heavy on their hearts.  He didn't have to give her a sister but he was gracious enough to grant her request.  In about 20 more weeks we will get to welcome Elisabeth Rose into our home.

On our way home, I passed the kids back some food and Hannah wanted to say the prayer. I told her to go ahead and she thanked God for letting us have a safe trip, for the food that we are going to eat today, and for letting her have her baby sister.

God is so good!

James 1:2-6 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; (3) Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. (4) But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. (5) If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. (6) But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.



5 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! A Little girl. Congratulations guys. Whoo Hoooo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I'm so excited for y'all! Love y'all all very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! :-) I'm just as excited as Hannah about finally having another one to dress up all frilly and girly. I have an idea she's going to be a real girly girl, since she has two sisters to make sure she is always a princess. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some really good ultrasound picks. I can actually make things out. BTW minor mispelling in the first paragraph. Looking forward to meeting here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What minor misspelling. ;-)

    Actually some of the spelling errors come from my tablet trying to guess what I'm saying instead of just letting me be the one in charge. I try to proofread but every once in a while one gets by.

    I can't wait 'til y'all come on furlough. We got to make sure we get a family pic with all the kids. :-)

    ReplyDelete