About Us

Friday, January 27, 2012

A Surprise Shower!!!

Today was a normal day. We have a regular routine we go through on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The kids and I try to make sure that we get everything done and get all dressed for karate class.

Then Scott gets home, we share some highlights of our day. Then we all get in the car and head to karate class.

We got there in time for the kids to get most of kids class. I helped Elijah put a floor puzzle together and then our Sense I announced that kids' class was going to end a little early today. I didn't think much about it. But after they did their regular closing ceremony, suddenly cake and punch was brought into the room. I wondered whose birthday it was and then found out it was a baby shower for our baby. :-) I was so surprised.



I took a few pictures and had Scott take a couple of pictures of me holding the little outfits for the baby. 


Our Karate Family gave us this cute Pink Gi for Elisabeth.


We didn't get a picture of the cake before it got passed around but I did get pictures of everyone enjoying it. :-)




Hannah was my partner during adult class and I informed her that she had a green mustache from the icing. Oddly enough she didn't seem to mind. :-)





And the other amazing thing was that Scott knew about it for a week or so and didn't even let out a hint about it. That really surprised me! :-)



There was only one sad part, we also found out that a really nice young man was moving. But the reason, I mention this is that our Sensei led our class in prayer for that young man and his family.

I love how family oriented our dojo is and how we all feel like one big family. I also like how our instructor is very open about her faith in Christ and isn't afraid to show it. She even appointed Scott as our dojo chaplain. :-) You don't see that very often in a traditional dojo!

I just want to share one more picture from tonight of Hannah demonstrating a partner stretch that our class did. The partner was to push their backs until they said to stop.



Hannah is pretty proud of how flexible she is. :-) She can do the splits and then lay flat on the floor without any effort.

This was a later blog post this week. I had been trying to decide what subject I wanted to talk about before the week was over. I didn't realize that a subject would spring up on me like this.

Next week there is a lot going on. I won't have to have a surprise to give me something to post about.

(1 Corinthians 10:31) "Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God."

No comments:

Post a Comment