About Us

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Father/Daughter Date Niight and Mother/Son Movie Night.

This week past week was so busy. My last blog was about Monday, which was Elijah's birthday. Tuesday was a normal day with karate class that evening. Thursday, I took the kids for a dentist appointment. Our dentist is 2 1/2 hours away from where we live but it's well worth the drive to go to a dentist you like and trust. The kids were all excited and they all wanted to go first. They learned a lot from the visit as well. They learned about all the tools that the dentist uses and how to brush their teeth properly. They learned about cavities and what the dentist does to fill them. Joshua and Ruth both had small cavities. Ruth was able to have hers filled while we were there but I had to make another appointment for Joshua. We spent the whole afternoon there. I didn't take any pictures, since I was so busy keeping up with the younger ones that were waiting their turns.

Saturday morning, we had karate class. Then we bought a few items to complete the girls' wardrobe for the Father/Daughter date night. All the girls were dressing up in 1950s style clothes.

Then we stopped by the theater and picked up the tickets for us to go see the Movie "Monumental" produced by Kirk Cameron. I am looking forward to taking the kids to see it.

Saturday night, Scott took Ruth and Hannah to the Father/Daughter Night with friends in our Keepers of the Faith group.


It was a 1950s theme skating party. They had a lot of fun skating and playing games.


They also enjoyed Coke floats and Root Beer floats, hamburgers, and French Fries.


While Scott and the girls were gone, I treated the boys to a movie night. We enjoyed watching Spiderman 2, while eating French Fries and Fish sticks. After the movie ended, the boys and I enjoyed some ice cream.

After the ice cream the younger two boys enjoyed getting to have a bubble bath.

Scott called me to let me know they were on their way home. He let Hannah talk to me on the phone first.
That girl had me so confused! All she talked about at 90 miles a minute was crushing heads and baking cookies. The whole time she was talking I couldn't get her to slow down long enough to explain any of it. So finally I interrupted her and asked her to pass the phone to Daddy. He laughed at how confused she had me and explained that somehow he had gotten into a discussion with her on the French revolution. You'll have to go to his blog for her take on it.

My ears were better relieved when he passed the phone to Ruth and she actually told me calmly and cheerfully all the fun things they did at the party. None of which had anything to do with crushed or chopped off heads. :-) Thankfully!

Tomorrow is Hannah's birthday and I'll be posting pictures. She has already told me what she wants to do tomorrow. It should be a pretty interesting day. :-)

And yes, I'm going to leave you hanging. Don't you love suspense?

No comments:

Post a Comment