About Us

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Busy Week in Progress...

This has been a busy week and it's not over yet. Monday was a normal day. Scott worked at the school as a Computer Tech. The kids and I spent their day working on their lessons. I've been pretty proud of them this week. I'm not sure what happened but something clicked in their head that the more they concentrate on their morning's lessons the more free time they would have in the afternoon in which we might do something fun. My son has been wanting to mow so bad, that that was one of his motivations to get his work done early.

Tuesday, we had park day with our homeschool group. It had been raining most of the weekend and Monday, so that it was nice to have it slack off for a few hours to allow the kids to play outside. I enjoyed getting to visit with the other parents while we watched our kids having fun. My son has a friend he made their and at our Contender's meetings. They were having so much fun they were even yelling instructions back forth from our cars while we were trying to leave about what they should bring next Park Day.

Wednesday, Scott had the day off. It was exciting because he was able to go with me to my Doctor's appointment. I really like my doctor and the experience we had at the office. I did learn that Wed. were probably the busiest days because a lot of mothers are scheduled that day for Formal ultrasounds. I've been scheduled for a formal ultrasound next Wednesday. I'm looking forward to that. We did have an informal tableside ultrasound yesterday. I was happy that she let us see our baby since my husband and kids were able to be there too. It was pretty exciting. We asked her if she could tell whether we were having a boy or a girl. She said, "Well, don't go out and buy pink just yet, but I'm thinking your having a girl." We should be able to find out for sure next Wednesday.

Wednesday evening we had bible study in our home. We didn't have anyone come for it but we always enjoy sitting around discussing the Bible lesson Scott presents. Afterward we have tea and some refreshments. Yesterday we fixed up French Bread that we bought for the occassion.

Today, Scott has gone back to work and will be having a pocket survival class in the evening. The class will be at the same school he's been taking his Russian classes. I'm so glad he has been able to take these classes. This class on Pocket Survival is a two part class. This part is a sit down class where they talk about pocket survival, then Saturday will be a field trip where they will see the practical application of the techniques they learn in class.

As for me and the kids, today I was able to figure out a problem Joshua was having with his math and get it corrected. They were suppose to add two column numbers with carrying. For example: 24+59= He was getting the answer 213. I just couldn't figure out looking at it myself what he was doing to get such an answer. So I asked him and found out what he was doing. Can you figure out how he came to that answer?

Think Abbot and Costello if you've ever seen any of their acts.

Yep, he was adding 9+4=13. He knew to carry the one so that makes 1+2+5 in the next column. He wrote the 3 down carried the one and then added 13+1+2+5=21 So he had already written the 3 and he just wrote the 21 in front of it. I got him straightened up on that though. He told me that it's a lot easier the right way.

Tomorrow is Friday, I've scheduled an appointment to take the kids in to see a pediatrician about their ringworm. It's mostly the ringworm in their hair that is giving me the most concern. Scott told me to make an appointment this week, so we'll be doing that tomorrow morning. Hopefully we can make our home ringworm free before our baby gets here.

Then Saturday will be pretty normal for me and the kids. Scott will have a class on Saturday but will be home after that. I keep thinking eventually things will slow down. Now I just wonder when. :)

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Yes, American version. :) Probably not nearly as good as what y'all have over there. We bought ours from Wal-mart. I forgot to start a loaf of bread in our bread machine before we left, so we bought some, to save time. :)
    Added a little butter, garlic, and cheese then heated it up in the oven. It was good.

    ReplyDelete