About Us

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Surprise, Surprise!!!

I had an ultrasound yesterday. I appreciate my parents coming to help with my other 4 children. Dad and the kids waited in the waiting room while Mom and I went in to see the ultrasound. We found out that the baby isn't a girl after all. He turned out to be a healthy baby boy.

You should have seen the surprise on my children's faces when I came into the waiting room and I announced, "Y'all are having a baby brother!" Joshua was the most excited obviously.


Jonathan doesn't yet understand any of this going on. He will point to my tummy and say, "Baby?" but I think he just thinks that's the new name of my tummy. Ruth and Hannah were a little disappointed. They got over the disappointment pretty quickly though and Ruth even picked out the sweetest little boy card to give to Daddy when he got home from work.

Ruth did tell me we will have to have another baby so we can use the name Elisabeth. Obviously our children don't mind us having a big family.

Here is a picture of our ultrasound. Since I know some might not appreciate the view of the bottom "stamp" that shows whether it's a boy or a girl, I'll not post that one. When she took this picture the technician asked me, "Doesn't he have a handsome face?"

I wanted to say, "Um, he kind of looks like a skeleton in this picture." But I just smiled and said, "Yes!"

Scott finally got to feel the baby kick last night. I had to really move around and rub my tummy to get the baby kicking, but once he finally started poking me in one spot I had Scott put his hand there. I think the baby just wanted us to leave him alone and let him go back to sleep. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hummm . . . didn't I say it was a boy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright, alright, I knew you'd get a big head if you turned out right. :)

    ReplyDelete