About Us

Friday, September 18, 2009

They're, Their, There ...


I am tired of my children bringing me their papers with the wrong form of their, there, or they're on them. So I gave them those words along with our, hour, and are. Which are three other words they are constantly getting mixed up. I know my kids are country but that's not "are" car. It's "our" car. So the focus of this week has mostly been their, there, and they're. We have touched on the other three but the focus will go on those next week.

I've tried to explain to my kids that if you can't say "They are" in the sentence where they put "They're" then that is the wrong word. "That is they're car" would be wrong because you wouldn't say "That is they are car." I think they get the point but aren't the craziest about now having to stop and think about it before they write the word. Watch me mess up on my blog. :) My sister would be the first to let me know.

Other exciting events in this week. I gave Jonathan a thorough shave this week. He is now practically bald but you can see his peach fuzz a little bit. Joshua was concerned about it, but I reassured him that Jonathan's hair would grow back. This is one of my efforts at getting rid of the ringworm on his head once and for all. If I can't get all signs of it to disappear I'll be taking them to a doctor for a prescription. I want to try one more time to keep their heads clean and put medicine on them for one or two more weeks before I go ahead and take them.

Jonathan's head really doesn't look too bad as far as the ringworm spots go. In fact I almost think they are gone, except for the bald spots that is left behind. People that saw his bald spots before thought that he got ahold of some scissors and he or Hannah tried to give him a haircut. So I decided to shave his hair and let it all grow back together. It will be easier to see if it is clean while short as well.

I gave Joshua a haircut as well but not that short. He doesn't want his head bald. I told him that if he washes his hair good each day, then I won't have to shave it all off. But if it starts looking real bad, I may. I think he plans to keep it as clean as he can.

Hannah's hair is about the same, I scrubbed her head real good today. I don't plan to shave her head. She only has one spot and so far I've been keeping it at bay. She doesn't want any medicine that stings. I use one antifungal cream on her head and trying other medications on Joshua's since his is worse. If I find one that does the trick, I'll use it on her whether she likes it or not. Joshua doesn't mind my putting the different medications on his. He figures the more it burns the more it must be working. I'm not sure if that is always the case but it makes him feel better.

And what are the kids doing in the livingroom while I'm working on this blog? Well, they're working on their math in there. I guess I better go in there and make sure they're still at their work. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment