About Us

Friday, October 22, 2010

Another Busy Week

Jonathan, Hannah, and Elijah watching Leap Frog Phonics video.
This has been another busy week and it's not over yet.  Monday, Elijah's second tooth came in right beside the first one.  Tuesday we had our usual karate class that evening. 

Wednesday, was a big day.  Scott was off Wednesday so we went to Houston and took the kids to see the Holocaust Museum.  It was a good learning experience for the kids to see some of the things that we've only talked about and shown them documentaries on before.  Hannah and Jonathan didn't really get a lot out of it, they were a little too young to understand it all, but Joshua and Ruth were old enough to benefit from the lesson.

We also visited a Thai Market that has a restaurant in it.  We ate lunch there and bought a few things from the store.  We finished up our trip with a visit to an accordion store to get a few accessories for Scott's accordion. 

Thursday, was back to work for all of us.  I only had to clean up the fragments of a coffee pot, before taking the kids to karate class.  I had asked before if anyone knew of an unbreakable crockpot, now I am wondering about coffemakers.  Better yet maybe I should replace all my dishes and cookware with unbreakable items.  Oh well, my children come by it honestly.  I told them that accidents happen and I'm sure that won't be the last dish broken.  (Unless I find a full line of unbreakable kitchenware.)  

Today, the kids have their normal school work.  I've been looking into garbage services.  I'm hoping to start having our trash picked up at least once a week.  Trash has really been a problem for me, since there has been a burn ban.  I'm hoping to hear back from the garbage service today and have that solved. 

Tomorrow, we have belt ceremony and cookout with our karate class.  Scott will be receiving a green belt.  Ruth and Joshua will be receiving yellow belts.  Hannah will be receiving her white/yellow belt.   

Then, I will be preparing my Sunday School lesson for Sunday.  That is pretty much this week in a nutshell.  I'll try to remember to post pictures of the belt ceremony tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment