About Us

Sunday, August 02, 2009

Church Camp Pictures

It's been too long since I've blogged. I guess I have gotten a little lazy since I've been introduced to Facebook. Lately I've been putting more short thoughts in facebook and have slacked off on my blogging. But I am going to make up for it today, and try not to forget my blogging world.


Actually I kill two birds with one stone by blogging. Whatever I blog is posted to facebook as well. The best of both worlds. :)



Here are some of the pictures I took at Church Camp. This first is my parents with my kids in the cafeteria line. The meals have actually been very good at camp.


Here is Joshua waiting for the preaching to begin during Tabernacle.




Hannah and Ruth were both covered in Bubbles from the slip-n-slide that was rented for our camp. Shampoo was used to help make it slippery. So they were good and clean afterward.



Scott, Joshua, and Ruth sang a special at camp.



Jonathan loved helping clean the dorm. He was constantly armed with broom and dust pan whenever we went inside the dorm.

It was a very good week at camp. There were 26 campers reported saved, 2 announced their call to preach while there, and several rededications.

The good thing about camp is that you get the children out of the world, away from their t.v.'s and you surround them with the gospel throughout the day. Our scheduled included Morning Devotional in the Tabernacle before breakfast, Bible Classes after Breakfast, Children's Choir after class, Sermon before lunch, Lunch, Free time- where activities were planned each day for the children. The girls had an hour swim time while the boys were doing other activities, then the boys had their swim time while the girls were doing activities. Then after all the fun time ended at 4 p.m. everyone got ready for Dinner and then after Dinner we got ready for the Evening Service, during which was Testimony time, and good preaching brought by one of the Pastor's present. Then after the service, we had free time. We ended each day with cabin devotions and lights out.

All three of my older kids were wishing they could live at church camp. I explained that they would be rather lonely all by themselves, so they decided that they want everyone to live at church camp. I'm not sure how the other sponsors would feel about a year round church camp. Despite the fun at camp, I was still glad to get back home and back into a routine again.

I'll be getting the children started back on our homeschooling tomorrow. I gave them a couple of weeks off because of camp and Scott and Joshua's hiking trip. Then I wanted a few extra days to prepare for starting a new year with the children. So tomorrow will be our official back to homeschool day. I plan to take them to the Library tomorrow and then to the store to pick up some homeschool supplies.


I think that pretty much catches everyone up on what all has been going on our summer. I'll try to post more pictures later.



1 John 2:15-17 Love not the world, neither the things [that are] in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. (16) For all that [is] in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. (17) And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.






















3 comments:

  1. Hey Stac, I like the pictures, Let me say congrats on the new edition, and I must state for the record that it is a boy. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! You have a 50% chance of being right. :) Sarah thinks twins. She has an even smaller chance of being right. We'll see. If we do have a boy he will be Elijah Scott if a girl I think we are going for Elisabeth Lynn. For now we could just call him/her Elijabeth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! You have a 50% chance of being right. :) Sarah thinks twins. She has an even smaller chance of being right. We'll see. If we do have a boy he will be Elijah Scott if a girl I think we are going for Elisabeth Lynn. For now we could just call him/her Elijabeth. :)

    ReplyDelete