About Us

Monday, August 24, 2009

Weally?


"Mom, my thumb weally, weally, weally hurts!" Hannah announced this afternoon at lunch.

I try to help her to see her mistake so I asked, "Weally?"

She looked at me, realizing what she said wrong and said, "That's it's name!"

Table conversations are never boring with our four year old. This morning at breakfast the kids were asking where Daddy was. I explained that he first drove the school bus this morning and that after that he was going to another town.

When Hannah heard the name of the town she said, "Is he going to get the Baby?"

I told her, "Oh no, Sweety, he can't go get the baby. The baby is still in my Tummy."

She said, "No! I mean the new BORN baby!"

Hopefully tomorrow when we go to see the ultrasound of the baby she'll understand better. She doesn't remember when Jonathan was born. To her Jonathan was always here.

This is definitely a new adventure. The real exciting part for her is that the baby is due in March which is the same month as her birthday. Of course that seems a "long ways away" to a 4 year old.

I guess I had better get some sleep if I'm going to get the kids ready for my appointment tomorrow. It may be too early to tell whether we are having a boy or a girl, but we're "weally" excited anyway. I'll try to come back and post more on how everything goes.

(Psalms 8:2) Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.

(Matthew 21:15-16) And when the chief priests and scribes saw the wonderful things that he did, and the children crying in the temple, and saying, Hosanna to the Son of David; they were sore displeased, And said unto him, Hearest thou what these say? And Jesus saith unto them, Yea; have ye never read, Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings thou hast perfected praise?

No comments:

Post a Comment