About Us

Friday, May 18, 2012

Ready and Waiting...

I finally feel like I've got everything ready for the baby's arrival. I have my hospital bag packed, set the bassinet up, and took our 9 month family picture. Now we are just in waiting mode. Here are some of the pictures we took today.


We have a tradition with every new baby we take a pregnant family picture. I was afraid that our tradition would have to change as the kids got older but they were all in a goofy mood tonight and had a blast seeing who could have the biggest belly. I think Elijah won on the cutest belly since they stuck a baby doll in his shirt. That's the baby dolls head sticking out the top. I love the grin on his face.



I also had Scott take this picture of just me and Elisabeth tonight. I really think the family picture is more fun though. :-)



And finally a picture of the bassinet which I put up today. I'm glad I got it done. When they said "some assembly required", they really meant it. It really wasn't too bad to put together. It would have been frustrating though if we had to put it together last minute.

We're playing the waiting game. There is so much going on this next couple of weeks. I would really like to be able to go to all the activities. My dad will be graduating from seminary with his doctorates degree next Saturday. We also received a birthday party invitation for next Saturday. Then the following Saturday is a family reunion that I would really like to go to.

With all these upcoming activities, I'm really curious when our baby will come. My doctor told me not to go more than 1 hour away from the hospital. We live an hour away!

I'm trying not to be nervous about it though. I really think things will go smoothly when the time comes. Right now, all we have to do is just hurry up and wait!

2 comments:

  1. Lol. Elijah's face is classic. You all are so sweet and blessed of God. I just love how your family has fun together and works at capturing moments like this. I wish you all the very best in getting your new addition here and may the Lord continue to bless you beyond measure. -Anna Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, what a cute picture! I think that’s such a fun idea. Family memories are the best. I’m sure you’re ready for the baby to come soon. =)
    ~Aidyl

    ReplyDelete