About Us

Friday, May 11, 2012

Mom's Night Out/ Baby Shower


Tuesday was a busy and fun day for me and the kids. We started the day off with my doctor's appointment. The kids really like the new location of the doctor's office. I actually like it too. I have 4 less red lights to go through at the new location. Saves me a few minutes even though it is basically not very far from where it used to be.

When my doctor checked for the baby's heartbeat, Elisabeth started kicking and moving. I told my doctor that if it were up to the baby she'd just go ahead and crawl out. :-)

For those that understand the numbers, my fundel height is 40 cm. I am 2 cm dialated and 70% effaced.

I'm not going to get too hopeful until I'm around 4 cm dialated. I was turned away from the hospital with false labor 2 or 3 times with Elijah. So I'll probably be skeptical this time around and think I'm having false labor and it be real labor. If that does happen at least it should go quick once we make the hour drive to the hospital.

After the doctor's appointment, I took the kids to the park for our homeschool park day. I had forgotten about the water park being turned on and didn't have the kids bring extra clothes to change into. I did earn bonus points toward mother of the year for letting them play in the water anyway.

After the park, we went home, started a load of laundry and then I just relaxed a little bit before Scott arrived home from work. Then I got ready to go to our homeschool group's Moms' Night Out where they were having a baby shower for Elisabeth.


Here I am pictured with my friend, Jennifer who was our hostess for the evening. We had a fabulous taco dinner followed by delicious cake for dessert. There were about 16 ladies plus two babies present as we gathered in Jennifer's living room.

Elisabeth and I received so many beautiful clothes and accessories. Pictured above is a beautiful dress that one of the young ladies had sewn for Elisabeth.


Another mother had made me a beautiful nursing cover. Out of 6 children this is the first time I have actually owned a real nursing cover. I have always just covered up with a blanket. I'm looking forward to getting to try it out with Elisabeth.


I also received a new diaper bag and a good supply of diapers, baby wipes, baby soaps, shampoos, and lotions. I always appreciate having a good supply of diapers.

I also received a mother care package of bath salt, lotions, and potpourri.

Then after opening the gifts, I enjoyed getting to visit with all the other mothers. I think that is what I enjoy most about our Mom's Nights. I love sharing stories and listening to other moms tell about what they've been doing or have done.

Now I've gotten most all of Elisabeth's clothes washed and put away. I can't wait to dress her up in all the beautiful clothing we've received. Our other two daughters are wanting to put all the outfits on her in one day. I can kind of understand. It will be hard to pick out just one outfit to bring her home in. Then we'll have to pick out which of all the beautiful dresses to bring her to church in on her first Sunday at church.

Only 2 more weeks until my due date! I'm continuing to exercise 3 days a week at our karate class, although much slower now. It's hard not to give up and just sit out the whole hour and a half. However I know it's good for me. I'm sure by continuing to do as much as I can in class will help the delivery to be easier, so I keep on trying. I'm hoping that with the extra exercise, I'll have Elisabeth closer to her due date and won't have to be induced.

Now I just need to get my nesting instinct to kick in and start packing my bag for the hospital. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment