About Us

Thursday, May 21, 2009

"Jonasin"


Jonathan is constantly being reminded by his 4 year old sister that he is a sinner. "Jonasin!" she hollers everytime he takes her toys. Of course she hollers "Jonasin" when he isn't doing anything also.


She calls her big brother "Joshwa", her big sister "Woofy", and her little brother "Jonasin". All these nick names are the result of our picking names hard for a little girl to pronounce. When Ruth was little she had troubles calling herself "Woof" as well.


I've been trying to help Hannah pronounce the names correctly. After Hannah gets it straight I'm sure Jonathan will be next. Right now he calls Ruth "Foof", Joshua "va" and Hannah "na". Mispronouncing words may be cute when they are little, but I have to remind myself that it won't be cute when they get older. I then continue to teach them.


(Proverbs 22:6) Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment