About Us

Friday, May 01, 2009

Father - Daughter Social


It's hard to believe that it's been a week since my last post. It's also been a week since my husband took our daughters to a Father Daughter social that was held for the Fathers and Daughters of our homeschool group. There actually were some mothers there to help serve food and what not but I decided to stay home with the boys and let the girls have some good quality time with their Dad.


The first picture my husband took of the girls posed on a bale of hay. The daughters were to dress up if they wanted to in old time clothes or even princess dresses. Ruth had a play dress her cousin had given her that looked real nice and old timey. So I told her she could wear it to the social. I ironed all the wrinkles out of it and then I fixed her hair up on top of her head with lacey material on top of the bun. Hannah wanted to wear her new Easter dress and she wanted her hair fixed up just like Ruth's. I was glad she had enough hair to put it up. Since I've cut her bangs, she has less hair to style. It turned out real nice and they both looked really cute.


This second picture is of Hannah riding on a wooden horse with wheels. Her daddy was pulling her around the room on the horse and he had to stop and take a picture of her having fun.


Joshua, Jonathan, and I had a nice quiet time at home. I was going to let Joshua play games or watch a movie. Whatever he wanted to do. Now what would you imagine a 10 year old boy would normally want to do? Video games? A boy movie? Nope he wanted to watch the cartoon Madeline. His sisters had watched it a few weeks ago, when he and his father went with my father on a hiking trip. I guess the girls talked about the cartoon so much that he's been wanting to see it too. He watched every Madeline movie we have while the girls were gone. After he watched the last one, he was about to ask me if he could watch School House Rock. Then I asked him if he would rather play a video game for a little while. He got all excited like the thought never occurred to him that he could play video games. It was really funny. So for the last few minutes before Scott and the girls got home he played Game Hunter. He even shot a deer. He also got to drive on a four wheeler, which he says is easier in real life.


So that was last weekend. This weekend, we drove to Henderson to pick up my father's truck and trailer so that we can haul some wood off. I left Scott and Joshua with my father's truck and they are attending an All the King's Men retreat at the camp there. I'm sure they are having a lot of fun. I wanted to send the camera with them but I will be using the camera tomorrow to take pictures of our last Keepers of the Faith meeting that me and the girls and Jonathan will be going to tomorrow. So check back soon, hopefully it won't be a week before I post those pictures. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment