About Us

Saturday, May 09, 2009

Field Trip


Friday, the kids and I went with another homeschool family to the Lufkin zoo. We had a lot of fun. The homeschool family we went with was one of the first homeschoolers we met where we presently live. The mother helped us meet the homeschool group here and helped us get involved with the Keepers of the Faith group that I have been taking the children to.



The first picture here is of Ruth and Hannah riding a lion at the zoo. The second picture is of Joshua and Jonathan sliding down the slide at the playground outside of the zoo.


The kids had a lot of fun. I did too. I'm hoping to be able to get more involved with the homeschool community during the next school year. The group will be breaking for the summer. My husband and I would like to get more involved on the boys side of the Keepers. The boys are called Contenders for the Faith. Both groups are a Christian alternative to Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts. They have activities and Crafts and they are learning in all the activities they do to be all they can be for Christ.


Mother's day is tomorrow. We have quite a bit planned for this afternoon to get ready for tomorrow. We will be passing out a gift to all the mothers present. I am also working on a nice Mother's day bulletin. I am also needing to finish the skit that I'm writing for our Fifth Sunday Fellowship and Youth Sunday. So I have a busy afternoon before me. I am hoping to get all of this done and still get to bed at a decent hour.


I'll try to post more tomorrow. Happy Mother's Day to all of the mothers that read my blog!


Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband [also], and he praiseth her. (Proverbs 31:28)

No comments:

Post a Comment