About Us

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Yesterday's Tomorrow


"Is it tomorrow?" Hannah likes to ask. She usually asks this when I tell her of something we are going to do tomorrow. She will ask me that day, "Is it tomorrow?" Then she will ask me the next day, "Is it tomorrow?"


I usually respond, "Today is yesterday's tomorrow." She just hasn't figured out that tomorrow is always tomorrow.


One of my favorite songs says, "I don't know about tomorrow." Even though I don't know what will happen in the next few tomorrows, I'm not worried about it. I am actually looking forward to tomorrow with anticipation, knowing that God is ultimately in control. He has helped us time and time again with all our yesterdays. I'm not worried about tomorrow.


How can I go through life with a smile on my face knowing that something bad could happen tomorrow? God is with me and my family. If I just look around He reveals himself in such wonderful ways. It seems like when we are going through the hardest times that He is really just a breath away.


I know that some people may think I'm crazy. But unless you know my Lord like I know Him, you'll never understand. What you don't realize is He is only a breath away for you too. All you have to do to draw close to Him is breathe a prayer asking Him to reveal Himself to you. He is right there if your heart is ready.


Mat 6:31-34
(31) Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
(32) (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
(33) But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
(34) Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day [is] the evil thereof.

No comments:

Post a Comment