About Us

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Is This a Mountain?


We bought ourselves a wagon. Thanks mostly to my father, my husband and oldest son have become quite interested in hiking. Since my husband has been looking at all sorts of hiking gear and my son has been adding hiking tools to his back-pack I thought we needed to start walking more. With this in mind, we decided to take a trip to the park. On our first trip Joshua and Ruth brought their roller blades and Hannah brought her scooter.

Joshua skated on ahead of us, Scott was a little ways behind Joshua, walking at Jonathan's pace. Then Hannah did her best to keep up with Daddy, and not get tripped over. I was holding Ruth's hand helping her keep her balance, when she looked ahead of us and asked me, "Mom is this a mountain?"

Sometimes in life when you are struggling through situations, it may look like you are going over mountains. However once you through those hard times and you turn around and look back you realize that they were only hills and in some cases not even hills but just mere bumps in the road.

I've been through some of those mountainous bumps in the road. I may never fully understand those bumps. However, God is always in control. Just like how I was right by Ruth ready to hold her hand and help her get over her "mountain", God is always here to hold my hand and help me over any mountains I may face.

You know He can be there to hold your hand too. Just cry out to Him; reach for His hand. He won't let you fall.

Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up. (James 4:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment