About Us

Sunday, April 05, 2009

New Piano Keyboard


When Scott and I were first married, he bought me my first keyboard as a wedding present. It was a 61 key Yamaha keyboard. I have used that keyboard for the whole of our over 12 years of marriage. Pianos have come and gone out of our home but I have never gotten rid of my keyboard. It was always so versatile and easy to move.


We went shopping the other day. We were mainly getting a gift for my grandfather, but since there was a Best Buy in the same town we decided to go by there and get a computer part we needed as well. I wasn't expecting that Scott would find a good price on a Full sized Keyboard. It is an 88 weighted key Casio piano Keyboard. Scott has been wanting to get me a weighted keyboard for years. When I questioned whether we should spend the money on it, he said that it's not every day that we could actually afford to get a keyboard and that I would use it.

Scott put it together last night. He had given me the User's manual and I played a little bit on it. I'm pretty excited to have the extra notes. There were some songs that I needed to practice more, but needed more space for the Bass runs. I am now able to play all those songs. The weighted keys are also good for my arms as well. I found that after playing a few songs my arms were sure tired. That means I'm getting exercise too. I never thought of the piano as a form of exercise before.


I took this picture of Joshua this afternoon. I was pretty amazed at how quick he figured out some of the features on the new keyboard. Things that I gave up on and was planning to look at later, he had going in just one sitting.


Right now it's o.k. since I still have some things I know that my kids don't know. But what will be like when the day comes that the kids know more than I do. Hmm...Well, until then I'll just keep on teaching them. One day Scott and I will be calling Joshua, "Hey Joshua, will you come over and help us figure this out?"

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl - i am trying to figure out the rss feed thingy. can you go to my blog www.homeschoolblogger.com/momof7kids and subscribe to my rss feed and see if it works? i'm so confused!!! lol Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never used them before either. I'll try it out though. :)

    ReplyDelete