About Us

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Sympathy Pangs!

My son, Joshua fell off his bicycle, yesterday, while practicing jumping over speed bumps. I heard a knock on my door and a couple of children were in our yard telling me that he was hurt. I hurried barefoot after them over the gravelled road. Joshua was sitting by the road crying. I told everyone gathered around him that he would be o.k. Then I quickly carried him to our home, where I could clean and bandage his wounds.

There awaiting us was his baby sister. She was very concerned over her big brother, who was crying. She watched as I put medicine and bandages on his wounds. Then she held up her hand and cried "Mah." She wanted a bandage too. So I put a bandage on her knee and her hand, just like her brother. I told Joshua that she must be having sympathy pangs. This caused giggles to replace the tears from her wounded brother, as I explained that sympathy was feeling bad over someone elses hurts.

Did you know that Jesus can sympathize with us?

Hebrews 4:14-16
" Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast [our] profession. For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as [we are, yet] without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. "

Romans 15:1-3 " We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves. Let every one of us please [his] neighbour for [his] good to edification. For even Christ pleased not himself; but, as it is written, The reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me. "

If Jesus is willing to sympathize with us, shouldn't we do the same for others?

Gal 6:2 "Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ."

It's amazing what we can learn from children. Maybe that is why the Bible tells us to be followers of Christ as dear children (Ephesians 5:1)

Shouldn't we all be more like my 1 year old?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:29 PM

    I really enjoy your thoughts. You have a talent for writing and your thoughts are inspirational and fun to read. Thanks for sharing them with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:32 PM

    I really enjoy reading your thoughts. You have a talent for writing and your thoughts are inspirational and fun to read. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete