About Us

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Staying Home, and God's blessings!

I worked outside the home for six months from January through the end of June. I believe the Lord blessed me with the opportunity. We didn't know at the time I was asked, that we would be needing the money a couple of months later.

My husband's salary at our church was cut in April and then he had to get a second job as well. It is hard to do everything that needs to be done for your family and church while working outside the home. I worked mornings and he worked evenings and we found that we didn't have as much time for our family and our church as we needed.

It was hard to give my two week notice in June. But I was trusting that perhaps the Lord would provide for us. We had moved from the 3 bedroom house we were renting and made our home in a 40' Travel trailer. Then shortly there after I took a step of faith and put my two week notice in and resigned from my part time job.

How can a family of five live off of one income? Answer: The Lord's blessings.

Sometimes when things look tight, the Lord gives another blessing.

Blessing 1: I am not tired all day...
I used to get so tired and impatient feeling when I worked outside the home. I felt like I just had to have a nap and then felt guilty for needing one, when I needed to take care of my children. Now I get to enjoy those little lessons I can teach them besides just homeschooling.

Blessing 2: My husband's time is freed.
Instead of watching the children in the mornings, his time is freed up where he can study the Bible more. He still takes time for our 3 children, but now he has more time for Church work.

Blessing 3: I get to see the amazing ways God provides for us, when we trust in Him.
(Example 1) We sold a car that we owed money on. And with the first payment the person made on the vehicle we were able to pay off the loan balance. Isn't God good?

(Example 2) Then today we paid the rent for the trailer lot we are on. Right after my husband left to study at the church, the landlord came by and gave us an envelope with our money in it and said not to worry about August's rent. They said it was taken care of. A gift from our Landlord and his wife.

It's so wonderful, how when I begin to worry and pray over finances, the Lord provides so unexpectedly. Isn't our God good? We are able to make all our payments and pay all of our bills. All of those needs were taken care of on our present income.

I was just worried over the little extra expenses that I didn't think we would have the money for. Why did I worry?

Matthew 6:33,34 "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day [is] the evil thereof."

If God can take care of the flowers and birds, then he can take care of me too.

Psalm 9:1-2" I will praise [thee], O LORD, with my whole heart; I will shew forth all thy marvellous works. I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing praise to thy name, O thou most High."

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Sarah. That is a good verse as well.

    ReplyDelete