About Us

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Highlights!

There are certain things I look forward to each day. There are also certain highlights I have each week.

Sunday, we start our week, with worshipping and praising God at Church. It's a time where we get to share with others, the things we have learned throughout the week. It is also a time, when we are able to encourage others in their walks with God, as well.

On weekday mornings, I look forward to starting my kids on their lessons, and seeing what they will accomplish in the day. Then when my husband comes home from his study, I enjoy hearing my children, quoting the Memory Verses for their father. Then after he has left for work, I enjoy letting them go outside and ride their bicycles or just play. I enjoy watching my toddler play and explore in the yard, while I hang the fresh washed clothes on the line. Then around 8:00, I enjoy our Milk before bedtime. I fix the children and myself chocolate or strawberry milk before they go to bed. I give them a bedtime devotional, and try to get them to bed by 9:00.

My favorite part of my weekday is after 9:00. No, the highlight of my day is not the fact that I finally got my kids to bed, it's the after 9 phone calls I get to make to my husband as he is working. He is a delivery driver in the evenings Monday through Friday, and after 9:00 p.m., we get extra free evening and weekend minutes. I so enjoy getting to call him and hear his voice.

In a similar fashion, I enjoy the end of our week. Every Friday evening, the kids and I work really hard to get our home extra nice for the weekend. We prepare a special Friday evening dinner, set the table with a pretty table cloth, and sometimes even flowers. Then, we anxiously await my husband's arrival from work, so that we can spend the weekend together as a family.

Then Saturday comes and with it comes the highlight of my week. I enjoy all of us sitting together with our Bibles open, reading and discussing the Bible together as a family. Even though we study our Bibles throughout the week individually, it is extra special to me that we stop and study together. It's our special family time with God.

We need that special time with God. It brings us closer together as a family, and brings our family even closer to God. It is one part of our week that helps us focus on what God wants for our lives.

Lamentations 3:25-27
"The LORD [is] good unto them that wait for him, to the soul [that] seeketh him. [It is] good that [a man] should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. [It is] good for a man that he bear the yoke in his youth."


Matthew 11:28-30
"Come unto me, all [ye] that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke [is] easy, and my burden is light."


Proverbs 22:6 "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."

Psalm 25:5 " Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou [art] the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day. "


We have so much to look forward to!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:30 PM

    it was good. There are many things that i enjoy each day and each week. Preaching and teaching are my favorites. enjoyed it keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete