About Us

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Co-op, Doctor's Appt., Karate Class, Wednesday Bible Study, Teen Banquet, Belt Ceremony...Is there time to blog? :-)

Okay, obviously I couldn't decide on a good title for my blog. But it has been very busy this week.

Monday, we had our homeschool co-op classes. It makes me feel good that Hannah wants to take my recorder class again next co-op. She's sad that this Monday will be our last co-op class for this school year. The kids really have enjoyed all the classes they've taken. I plan to offer recorder classes again next Co-op.

Tuesday, was my doctor's appointment. The doctor confirmed that our baby is head down. I've now reached 36 weeks and should only have 4 more weeks to go before my due date. There have been times this week that I've wondered if she is going to come before her due date. That could just be wishful thinking though. We also had karate class that evening. We have a doctor, her assistant, and a doula that attend karate classes with us. I love to tease them about the possibility of my going into labor during class. They told me that Scott will have to catch.

Wednesday, we visited a church that is in our local fellowship. We always enjoy the times we get to visit with them. Hannah played a special on her recorder for them. If she plays a special tomorrow, I'll post a picture of her.

[Image_0]

Thursday, I took Joshua and Ruth to our homeschool group's teen banquet. It was a formal occasion. Even though Ruth isn't quite a teen yet I let her go since she had friends there and she is about the same size as Joshua. I also thought she would enjoy a chance to wear her formal Easter dress as well. We had to buy Joshua some new dress clothes. He had gotten down to one pair of dress pants and none of his solid colored shirts fit him anymore. Scott took him to the store Wednesday night after church and bought him two new shirts and pants. There was a professional photographer at the Banquet. As soon as I get the pictures that were taken I'll post them on here.

I was very impressed with the banquet. A lot of it had been coordinated and planned by several of the teens. I was originally afraid that it would be couples oriented like a prom or a typical teen dance. However I was pleasantly surprised. There was dancing but it was line dancing. The music was very tasteful. There were no couple dances. The line dancing wasn't showy or provocative. Even my kids were able to participate in several of the dances because the moves were easy to follow. Kind of like the hokey pokey song, in fact that was one of the songs they got to dance to. :-)


Joshua volunteered to participate in a tough guy challenge. The challenge was to see who could peel a lemon in less than 3 minutes then they had to eat half the lemon and the person that could eat it without making a face won. Joshua came close but he took to big of a bite of the lemon and gagged a bit so another boy won, but they all got a candy bar for participating.


Ruth loved playing with the balloons in the room. She was having fun balancing one on her finger. That was a hard picture to capture. I told her that the balloon made a cute picture and we were able to use the balloon as a prop for one of the professional pictures. I enjoyed watching them have fun. I'm looking forward to being able to share some better pictures soon.


Saturday morning we had belt ceremony at our karate class. Joshua and Ruth both received their blue belts. They had to wait a minimum of 6 months before they could move up to the next level. I want to get a family picture of us all in our current belts. I just need to get Jonathan and Elijah to be completely dressed in their uniform for it.

Scott told me today that he was impressed with how well I was doing the kata we worked on today. I personally didn't think I was doing that great since I can't kick as well as I could prepregnancy. He wants to get a video of me doing the kata because he says I do pretty well considering my current challenges. I'll probably let him video me on Tuesday, since I'm not sure how long I'll still be able to do the moves this month. That way I'll be able to show our baby one day that I did in fact do karate while I was expecting her.



Tomorrow is Fifth Sunday Fellowship at our church. I need to get to bed so I'm not too worn out for it. Scott is cooking a brisket to share tomorrow. Ruth has a loaf of bread started in the bread machine. I plan to fix a dessert in the morning, so I really do need sleep tonight.

Hope everyone has good services tomorrow. I'll try to not wait so long to post this week. Tonight's post I'm counting as this past weeks post. Check back soon for more pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment