About Us

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Two More Days...

Only two more days and then on Friday we'll be picking Scott up from the airport. I sure do miss him. We got to skype with him a couple of times. That was nice getting to see him online. I also check my facebook to see if he or Bro. Barker post anything about what they are doing.

This is a picture of our kids sitting on my parents couch this past week. They've been having fun. They're missing Daddy too though.

Sunday we enjoyed the services at my Dad's church. It has been a long time since we've been able to go to his church on a Sunday. I enjoyed his Sunday School and his sermon during the Morning Worship. Sunday Night their church had business meeting.

There was one funny thing that happened Sunday Night. Before the evening worship service, I gave each of the kids some change to put in the offering plate. They were pretty excited about it. Well, the usher didn't see that my children had money to give and they walked right past them. When we looked behind us and saw that they were taking the offering a few pews behind us, the kids were a little panicky.

They are normally very quiet and proper during services but I knew they would be sad to not get to put their offering in the plate. I decided to "unleash" them. I told them, "Okay, go catch up with the usher and give him your money." There weren't as many people present in the evening as in the morning or I would have never done it. But everyone in the audience found it funny. They all know how still my kids normally are.

My Dad did ask me what happened all of a sudden he's up on the stage and all he sees is his four grandchildren running wildly up the isle. But once it was explained he understood completely.

Monday a couple at my Dad's church invited us all out to eat at McDonald's. We let the kids play in the play place. They had fun, except for Hannah who was only brave enough to go to about the first level of the play area. She just wouldn't go beyond the steps. She decided she would go in it when she's older.

How does a girl that is brave enough to talk to anyone in a room be scared to go inside a play place. Well, that's my Hannah. I asked her how she could be afraid of that when she says she isn't afraid of anything. She said, "Well, I'm afraid of some things."

Today, we were suppose to have Lady's Bible Study here at my parents house, but Dad was feeling sick last night and was running a fever most of the day today. I hope he starts feeling better tomorrow.

Tomorrow evening will be midweek service. I don't know what we will do Thursday, but Friday morning is the day we pick up Scott. That's not too far away. Please pray for him that he has an easy trip and makes it safely home to us.

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and are looking forward to a blessed New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment