About Us

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

No More Pancaking


"Ruth's pancaking again," Hannah told me this morning.

I turned from my Bible where I was doing my morning's reading and asked her, "What's pancaking?"

"Oh, I don't know how to say it," was her response.

She told me how she had told Joshua where Ruth was hiding during hide-and-seek and that now Ruth was Pancaking.

I asked her, "Oh, do you mean panicking?"

She was quite happy that I figured it out. I then taught her how to say "panic". Then as we were eating lunch, I joked that the computer was "pancaking" since it was making so much noise. She quite clearly said, "No Mommy, It's panicking!"

So my little girl is "Pancaking" no more. She is learning so quickly.

The girls earned five stickers for our Rewarded Reading program. For every five stickers they earn, they get a piece of bubble gum. After ten stickers, they get a candy bar. Then once they reach 30 stickers, they get a Pizza Party. Joshua has one more book to read to have his five stickers. The older two children have to read a chapter book and write a book report to earn a sticker. Hannah must have 5 books read to her and tell me about them to earn a sticker. They each have a chart on the wall where we write the names of the books and place the stickers.

As I'm writing this, my son came in the room wanting some medicine for an itchy round spot on his arm. He asked me if it could be ringworm since we have a new kitten. I thought I would look up a picture of ringworm for him. I opened another browser window and sure enough, what he has looks just like ringworm.

I looked up information about it and treatment information. I read that it can be contagious by touch. I asked the other children if any of them had any itchy spots like Joshua. Hannah had a mosquito bite that she really wanted to be ringworm. Ruth said she didn't have an itchy spot but she had a bump on the back of her shoulder that bothered her. I looked and yep, she has ringworm too. Jonathan of course held his arm up for me to inspect. So far, the younger two don't have it. I think it's because they are afraid of the kitten. They won't let it come near them.

Okay, it's tempting to "pancake" but I think instead I'll go to the store and by some anti-fungal cream for ringworm. I also need to wash their clothes, sheets, and towels. At least it's treatable. We'll just need to get rid of it before it spreads anymore. Better check on treatments for the kitten as well.

Philippians 4:6 "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."

1 comment: