About Us

Monday, March 23, 2009

Planting Weeds


The other day Joshua and Hannah came into the house with this wild flower they had uprooted. They wanted me to plant it in a pot inside the house. I explained that those kind of flowers really do better outside. Joshua was real excited and asked, "So can I plant it in my garden."


Scott and I just smiled at each other as I agreed and assured him that it will probably grow pretty well outside. After he and Hannah ran back outside to plant their flower, Scott and I both had thought of the same Bible passage about the Wheat and the Tares. Tares being weeds. In that passage it's talking about how an enemy had gone into the garden and planted the weeds among the plants. However Joshua is planting the weed in his own garden. Hmm... Well, at least it is a pretty weed and may grow better than some of the other plants he has out there.


Matthew 13:24-30
(24) Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
(25) But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
(26) But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
(27) So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
(28) He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
(29) But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
(30) Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Scott loves to tell me, "Now that would make a good blog!" So here it is.

Right now I am waiting on the kids to finish working on my surprise. I came into the kitchen earlier today and Hannah announced, "We have a surprise for you, Mom!" Her older sibblings immediately started shushing her. So I smiled and told her that she was doing really well not telling me. They told me that I would need to go to my room while they finished my surprise. So I told them I would come in here and blog.

It was suppose to only take them a few minutes but it has actually been quite a while. I think their surprise is they are cleaning their rooms. Don't tell them I guessed it. I plan on smiling and being really surprised. I think now they would have liked to done their homeschool work first instead of working on their "surprise". Joshua just came to check on me and to tell me that it is sometimes really hard. I asked if they needed any help with it, and he gave a weary, "No we've got it. We're almost done, I think." Their rooms aren't really all that big, but they have a lot of stuff and could really use help organizing it. To bad it has to be a surprise, I may check on them in a little bit to see if I can help. Maybe we could turn it into a surprise for Daddy.

I'll probably post a picture of the "surprise" in my next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment