About Us

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Donkey Business


I wasn't sure how many people had heard about the possibility of us getting a donkey, and wasn't sure whether to even blog about it. Scott went to get some eggs at our friends' house and met a man there that was looking to buy a pony from them. He told Scott about two donkeys that he was wanting to sell for a real low price. Scott was real interested and was picturing the kids riding the donkeys around the yard. They were supposed to be miniature donkeys but turned out being a little taller. So the man was wanting to buy a pony and sell the donkeys.

That was Thursday. Scott was wanting to at least go look at them and see how they reacted to the kids. We couldn't see them on Friday, so Scott did a lot of Donkey research. I even called my sister to find out if her husband had any experience raising donkeys. He thought that it was a good deal, and that they would take them off our hands if we bought them and it didn't work out. So I decided maybe it would be okay to get them.

The owner called us this morning telling that he had picked up the pony and was on his way home, so we could come out and see the donkeys this morning. We loaded up in the car and was on our way over there, when the man called back and told that his wife didn't want to sell the donkeys. So we turned around and went back home. So I guess we're not donkey crazy after all. I had my camera, but we didn't even look at them. Now we're just thinking about maybe getting some Chickens, at least they lay eggs.



And when the donkey saw the angel of the LORD, she fell down under Balaam: and Balaam's anger was kindled, and he smote the donkey with a staff.

And the LORD opened the mouth of the donkey, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?

And Balaam said unto the donkey, Because thou hast mocked me: I would there were a sword in mine hand, for now would I kill thee.

And the donkey said unto Balaam, Am not I thine donkey, upon which thou hast ridden ever since I was thine unto this day? was I ever wont to do so unto thee?

And he said, Nay.

Then the LORD opened the eyes of Balaam, and he saw the angel of the LORD standing in the way, and his sword drawn in his hand: and he bowed down his head, and fell flat on his face.

And the angel of the LORD said unto him, Wherefore hast thou smitten thine donkey these three times? behold, I went out to withstand thee, because thy way is perverse before me: And the donkey saw me, and turned from me these three times: unless she had turned from me, surely now also I had slain thee, and saved her alive.
(Numbers 22:27-33)

No comments:

Post a Comment