About Us

Saturday, November 10, 2012

My 10 Super Mom Capes


In my last post I talked about being a not-so-super mom. There was only one problem. My husband and children begged to differ with me. They declared that I really was super. Now I'm going to write about the capes in my life that are super. Maybe by the end you will see that we're really not so different. Yes, that means you're super too.

There are 10 basic areas of my life that are important to me.

All of these areas of my life would make a blog post all by themselves. Right now I will give you a brief glimpse of each area and expound more in future posts.

Cape #10 -- A Writer This cape is still a work in progress. I feel like I still need to hem the edges a bit. My husband has been my biggest supporter. Ever since I was in 5th grade, I wanted to be a writer. Now I am trying to keep the momentum going forward. I am currently taking a writing course. I've been learning so much. You may have noticed some of the changes I've been making on my blog. I'm not done tweaking it yet. Bare with me as I continue to make improvements.

Cape #9 -- A Friend I have many friends. I have church friends, homeschool friends, writing friends, karate friends, and internet friends. I value every friendship. All my friends are very encouraging to me. 

Cape #8 -- A Sister I am the oldest of 3 children. My little brother and sister are a lot of fun to be around. We weren't always nice to each other. I tended to be a pushy big sister. We grew out of that though. Now we each have families of our own. Life is not boring for any of us. We still have a good time whenever we get together.

Cape #7 -- A Grandaughter I have always had a tight nit family. Both my grandfathers were preachers. My father is a preacher. My husband is a preacher. My brother is a preacher. And my brother-in-law is a preacher. Do we see a theme going here? I remember listening to my grandfathers pray before meals. My grandmothers endured many trials to raise my parents and their siblings in a time that was ever changing. I love my grandmothers and miss my grandfathers.

Cape #6 -- A Daughter-in-law I would be remiss to not acknowledge my position as a daughter-in-law. God gave me a hard working husband that is willing to work any job to provide for his family. My husband gives his parents credit for instilling in him his strong work ethic. I hate that we live so far away but technology has helped us bridge the gap. I try to plan our family vacations to include a trip to see my husband's family in Michigan.

Cape #5 -- A Daughter I am very grateful that I was born to godly parents. My parents are the ones that raised me to be the woman I am today. I had good parenting skills modeled before me in my childhood. There is so much I could write just on things I learned from my parents. They are still here for me to learn from even in my adult years.

Cape #4 -- A Teacher. My husband and I made the decision to homeschool our children when our eldest child was only 2 years old. Right now I mix and match my curriculum to fit each child's needs. Next year I'll be entering the High School years with my eldest. That will give me 1 High Schooler, 1 Junior High, 2 elementary, 1 preschooler, and 1 day care age all under one roof. It kind of makes me feel like I live in a 1 room school house except they're all my own children.

Cape #3 -- A Mom. I'm the mother of 6 children. Three boys and three girls. Our eldest is 14. Our youngest is 5 months. My husband and I love each and every child so much. We can't imagine our life without any one of them in it. We plan to have as many children as God allows us.

Cape #2 -- A Wife  My husband, Scott, and I were married on Thanksgiving day in 1996. We have been happily married for 16 years. It hasn't always been easy but maintaining a happy relationship is well worth the effort. I can honestly say that my husband is my best friend.

Cape #1--A Child of God  My faith is very important to me.  It is the foundation of all my other relationships. Without God and His instructions there would be no purpose in my life. 

What part of your life is important to you? 
Is there a particular area that gives you purpose to do what you do best?

Feel free to share! Check out my comments section below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment