About Us

Friday, December 24, 2010

Birthday Cake for Jesus

A Birthday Cake for Jesus
 I mentioned in my previous post about the Birthday cake for Jesus that I made and presented.  I thought I would share with you how I make this special cake.

It is a four layer cake.  I make the bottom layer chocolate (I use a Devils food cake).  The layer on top of the chocolate is Red (I use a Red Velvet
cake mix).  The layer above that is green (I mix green food coloring in a yellow cake mix.)  Then the top layer is yellow (I use the other have of the yellow cake mix for the top layer.)  It is iced with white icing and has a star of David on the top. With a red candle on top of that.


The children at church are waiting patiently for me to
cut the cake. 
I start off by asking the children if they can tell what is inside the cake by the outside.  The answer is no.  We can't see what's inside because of the icing.  Only God knows what is inside our hearts.  Then I go into what each color represents. 

The Bottom layer represents our sins and how filthy we are on the inside.  On our own we cannot get ourselves clean enough to be worthy of God's mercy.  The second layer from the bottom represents how that Christ died on the cross for our sins.  It is only through Jesus sacrifice that we are able to be forgiven of our sins.  Then once we are saved, we are covered by Christ's blood and we are washed white as snow (the icing).  After we are saved we are able to grow in grace and the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Elijah enjoying a small piece of yellow cake.





Then one day when Christ calls us home we will be able to live eternally with Him in Heaven which is represented by the yellow layer.   The light on the top of the cake represents the fact that Jesus is the light of the world. 
It was a good cake and we had a good number of people present.  The skit had gone well and we were able to share the gospel which each one that visited. 

It's been a good week.  I will try to post more as the week progresses. 

Have a Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment