About Us

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Can't Forget Hannah

The first blog I posted this week was about Elijah and Jonathan.  Then yesterday I blogged about Joshua and Ruth. So today I'm going to talk about Hannah.

I took this picture today while Hannah was being a swimmer named Leum.  And, yes, Leum is a boy.  Hannah stuffed the dress she is wearing as a shirt into her blue pants which are rolled above the knees.  The belts wrapped around her arms are "floaties".  And the blue shoestring tied around her finger is a bandage because her finger got bit by a shark.

Last night as we gathered for devotional, Hannah was chewing on her hair.  Scott told her to stop chewing on her hair and asked her if she liked eating her hair.  She told him, "No, I was just getting the toothpaste taste off my hair." 

Hannah is still our little fireball of emotions.  She is either very happy or very upset.  There is rarely an in between with her.  One night she came to our room hollering and screaming that something was behind her ear.  Scott looked behind her ear and removed the little piece of dried fingernail polish.  It was the day I painted her fingernails.  She must have scratched behind her ear before the nail polish dried.  But from the sound of her hollering you would think she had a giant ant still attached to her ear.  She has given us quite a few scares that turned out being nothing.  I often wonder if some of her reflux cries as a baby were a little over reacted as most of her cries are today.  At the time though, I thought she was really suffering.  So much so that she got to sleep beside me on my firm pillow each night to keep her from having tummy troubles. 

One thing really wonderful about Hannah is that she is a "people person".  She never meets a stranger and will talk to just about anybody.   Hannah is always saying or doing something that makes us laugh.  Sometimes it may be that she is being completely serious but we can't help getting tickled.

Whatever Hannah puts her mind to do she does whole heartedly.  When we started the karate classes she was so determined to learn all the katas at once.  I had to insist that Hannah learn only one at a time.  She was getting so many in her head that she wound up inventing her own kata which changed from day to day.

That's our Hannah!  Now, if I could just bottle up even some of that energy we could sell it.

2 comments:

  1. Neat how similar her and Micah are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. :) I wonder if its their age or something from being the third child.

    ReplyDelete