About Us

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Vacation


We went on a trip a couple of weeks ago to Michigan to visit some of my husband's family there. We had such a good time. I wanted to share some of my favorite pictures.


On our way up there we camped out a couple of nights to break the trip up. There was an associational meeting in Missouri so we had taken an extra night to stop and visit with some of the preachers we knew might be there.


We managed to afford this trip by camping out each night. This picture of the kids in front of the tent was taken in Illinois, right by the Mississippi River. We also found on this trip that Hannah and Jonathan have problems with car sickness, especially if we drive right after eating a good meal. We learned to eat real light while driving.




We arrived at Scott's Mom's house and were greeted by "the girls" as my in-law's dogs are called. Hannah had determined before we arrived at Grandma's house that she would not be afraid of their dogs anymore. I had to take a picture of her petting one of them. I told her if I didn't get a picture no one would believe she wasn't scared. So here is proof. :)



On Saturday we celebrated Joshua's 11th birthday. We had cake and ice cream and then we went to the lake and went fishing. I caught 3 small fish and my mother-in-law caught 1. I was praying someone would catch something, since the last time I took the kids fishing we didn't catch anything and it was a stocked pond. Joshua was sure I was doing something wrong at the time. I told him it's a matter of patience, which my four kids seem to lack when it comes to fishing.



Then on Monday we had a cook-out at my in-laws house where most of Scott's Aunts were able to come to. Here is a picture of Scott with his Mom and 3 of his Aunts.




Of course for Joshua the highlight of this trip is getting to drive the four wheeler. We let him give the girls a ride in the woods but we didn't plan on him taking Jonathan. I took this picture after we found out that Jonathan had already gone with them through the woods and he was waving at everyone and saying "Bye!!!!" They grow up so fast.


Over all this has been a very good trip. Scott and I both agreed that we were going to need a vacation from vacation, but once we got home the kids didn't have too much trouble getting back into the routine again.

No comments:

Post a Comment