About Us

Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Family Reunion

I'm getting all my posts out of order but I'm just going to get caught up on everything we did this summer in the most logical order I can muster.


My brother, Jason, and his family all came back to America on furlough from his mission work in France. It has been a little over 2 years since they last visited. Three babies have been born during the time they were away. Sarah and I had never met Jason's youngest and he had not seen our youngest children.

This is a picture my Dad took at church camp of the three of us siblings holding the 3 children that had been born since Jason's last furlough.

We really enjoyed seeing my brother, his wife Angie and their 5 children. The first day we saw them this summer we adults expected some really big excited show when all the cousins got back together again but they all just said, "Hi!" and commenced to playing and talking like they had only been apart a short time.

This is a picture of all the cousins sitting on my parents couch.

We've had a tradition before my brother had gone to France of taking a picture of all the cousins together. Whenever we had a new child born it was time for a new picture. Elijah was just born the last picture we took. This time my sister has a child she was able to add to the group along with our niece that was born in France and Elisabeth that was just born a couple weeks before they arrived.

It was nice to find a day that we were all able to get together at my parents to take pictures and visit. The kids had an amazing time building memories with their cousins.

During the week at my parents we were able to enjoy a trip to the zoo and out of the 11 children present not one got lost even once.

I'm glad that we are getting to build memories with my brother's family.
It was nice to have them at church camp again this year. It made this camp extra special for us. I'll try to get a blog in about church camp this week as well.

Summer is almost to an end. It won't be long before I start posting about homeschool activities. I'll try to be caught up before then on my summer posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment