About Us

Thursday, July 07, 2011

Thailand Part 2

Teaching in a Keren village.
 We've been in Thailand a little over a week now and I wanted to post a few pictures and tell a little of what we have been doing. 

Last Saturday we visited a Keren village and where Scott and I taught a class of 4 year olds.  It has been fun helping Bro. Rusty teach this week.  It's gotten to where it feels pretty normal to enter a classroom and say "Hello, class!"  And to hear them say, "Good morning, Teacher!" or "Good afternoon, Teacher!"  Bro. Rusty has really been doing a good job with the children and built some good friendships with the teachers.

Then on Sunday, we visited the Baptist Church in Chiang Mai where Bro. Brent Rosendal pastors.  We really enjoyed the services there.

After the services we went to the Maesa Elephant Camp where we got to see an amazing elephant show.  The elephants were well trained.  They could paint, play basketball, soccer, and were even well trained at begging.  In these two pictures we posed with a few of the elephants who put hats on our head and were also well trained to beg.  :)  But we didn't have any bananas but we were nice enough to give them a few dollars.

I told Scott we should bottle up some of that shampoo that elephant was putting in my hair. :)

















 
After the elephant show, we road the elephants. Scott had taken those pictures on his camera. I'll try to post them later. This week has been really busy and I plan to blog more as time allows.

Tomorrow Scott and I are going to be spending a day in Chiang Mai on our own with a hired driver.  I don't imagine the driver will know much English, but we will have written directions of all the places we want to visit.  Keep us in your prayers!  

1 comment:

  1. Oh how wonderful Mrs. Stacie!!!! I'll be praying for y'all :) So glad you are having a wonderful time and working for the Lord. I hope much fruit is reaped from your time there.

    ReplyDelete