About Us

Monday, March 07, 2011

The Best Husband

My husband fixed my washing machine tonight.  He not only fixed it but he took the opportunity to teach the kids all about washing machines and how they work.  He didn't even mind Hannah and Jonathan being his cheerleaders at the top of their voices.  They kept cheering, "You can do it! You can do it!"


It was just a few days ago that I realized the washer had a problem.  I told Scott about it and he immediately started doing the research to figure out what could be the problem with the washer.  Then this evening after he got off work he took the time out of his evening to bale the water out of the tub and took it apart and found the problem.  A sock had fallen between the tub and the plastic part and got sucked up into the hose that drains the tub.  The sock got stuck in some part and wasn't allowing the water to escape.  That is why it made the horrible noise it was making and the water wasn't draining.

He fixed it, cleaned it up, and put it all back together.   Then to top it all off, he even washed a load of clothes while I got the kids ready for bed.  Isn't he wonderful!!!  :) 

I did pray for him at one point when there were some clips that looked impossible to put back on.
He did a little bit more research and found the solution.  I really like it when the Lord answers my prayers and gives my husband a hand when something looks almost impossible.  I highly recommend wives to pray for your husbands.  God does answer those prayers.

I only had to wash a few clothes this weekend by hand and that was enough to help me really appreciate my washing machine.  It's amazing how many things we take for granted.  I'm so glad to be able to do laundry now.  :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment