About Us

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Elijah


I just wanted to post this quick blog to let everyone know that Elijah has finally arrived safe and sound. He was born yesterday at 1:09 p.m. He weighed 9 lb. 3 oz. and was 21 inches long. He has a full head of dark hair.

It was probably the hardest labor I have been through. I hope to never have to be induced again but I was able to make it through even though it was hard. I'm just glad that the Lord helped me when I thought I wouldn't make it. My husband was a real blessing. He watched my contractions on the monitor and held my hand and told me when they were about to go down. He could see them lower before I felt the pain lessen. It was a big help to me to have him say, "It's about to go down now."

I actually found that the contractions didn't seem to last long but they were very intense and fast. Also since I was on Oxytocin the contractions were coming faster than I had ever felt them before. I felt a bit out of control of my normal pain management. It made for a very tough time, but my doctor was very good and arrived as soon as I hollered, "I need the Doctor now!" She was running in the door.

But the real blessing is that after such an intense moment it was an even greater relief when it was all over and they handed Elijah immediately to me. They even let me hold him while they cleaned him. I was even allowed to feed him before they took him to the nursery and moved me to another room. I was so happy to hold him. It made the whole experience worthwhile.

My parents and the kids came today to see Elijah. My parents went home and Scott took the kids to the house. They will be picking me and Elijah up sometime tomorrow afternoon or evening. I am looking forward to our all being home and getting back into a routine again. This time with our newest family member.

I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful, beautiful family.


Psalm 127:3 Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Stac!

    Don't forget to update your profile.

    :)

    ReplyDelete