About Us

Thursday, February 14, 2008

My Dear Sweet Scott!

Well, today is Valentine's day. Today is the day that most people spend the most time thinking about the one they love. So I want to dedicate today's blog to my dear husband who I love very much. Here are just a few of the things I admire about my husband, Scott.

I admire how he works hard to provide what he can for his family. He is not afraid of hard work. He is willing to work as much as he needs to provide for us, even working extra hours to make sure all our needs are met. If I wanted him to, he would even take on an extra job in order to provide more. However, I told him I would rather do without many things than to have him gone all the time. So he honors me with his time. He also has to do without some of the things he would enjoy, in order to have more time with his family.

Another thing I admire about my husband is his ability to lovingly discipline our children when there is a need. He is firm when he needs to be firm and caring when he needs to be caring. We work together in the discipline of our home and when one decides something the other backs it up. If a situation arises we are able to talk about it and determine what the best course of action is for our children's sake. I love his firm but caring leadership in our home.

I love his willingness to communicate. We have found that the most important thing in our marriage has been communication. We are able to talk and discuss any issue that arises in our home, family, church, life, anything. If we have troubles figuring out something, we talk about it. If either of us are having a bad day, we are able to talk about it. If there is a misunderstanding, we resolve it by talking about it. Communication has become a vital part of our marriage. You can't be selfish when you discuss things, or else it turns into an argument. Proper communication comes when we both listen to each other.

Another thing I admire and love about my husband is his friendship. We are best friends. He knows more about me than anyone else. He is not critical of my thoughts and feelings. He knows who I am and what I want in life. He may lovingly tease me about some of my interesting terminoligies and idiocyncrisies. But it is always in fun. He doesn't mind me teasing him back. We are friends and as such we have fun. We play music together. He even bought me a nice Ukulele since I liked them so much. We play games together. I enjoy occasionally beating him in a game of chess. I say occasionally because he tends to beat me more than I him, but I enjoy giving him a run for his money. :) I enjoy our at home dates. With four children, our dates are pretty much Frozen Pizza and a movie at home, after the kids have gone to bed. But as long as we spend the time together we have fun.

I also love the way he guides our family spiritually. He is careful and steady in spiritual matters. He is able discuss the Bible with anyone without getting offended at opinions and beliefs that may be different than his. He is well read in the Bible and has many verses memorized. If I have any question about the Bible he helps me search it out, even taking me through the Hebrew and Greek if I need it. He doesn't just let me fall back on just his own thoughts but lets me think for myself as well. He teaches me and our children how to look at the context of passages. He is willing to admit when he doesn't have an answer, and is willing to spend time researching it out.

Finally, I love his commitment to me. Before we married we agreed together that we would never leave each other. We know that if we ever have a problem that we must work it out or just be miserable for the rest of our lives. We quickly learned how to work out our disagreements. Now I couldn't ever imagine life without my dear sweet husband. We also have guarded each other's trust. We know that it doesn't take much to lose a persons trust, so we set up boundaries for ourselves from the beginning of our marriage, so that there would never be a problem with us trusting each other. Marriages fail many times due to jealousies within the marriage and so we guard against such problems. He will always be faithful to me and I to him. We will always belong together for the rest of our lives.

I love my husband and am glad that God saw fit to give him to me.


Pro 22:29 Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men.

Mar 10:7-9 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.


Col 3:18-24 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord. (19) Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them. (20) Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord. (21) Fathers, provoke not your children to anger, lest they be discouraged. (22) Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God: (23) And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; (24) Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment