About Us

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Labor Day Weekend

I hope everyone else had a great Labor Day weekend. We had a wonderful time at my parents for the weekend. We enjoyed getting to visit. The kids enjoyed being spoiled a little bit. :)


I am blessed with wonderful parents. Of course for Hannah it wasn't enough. She woke me up this morning asking to see Papa and Nana. I told her we couldn't see them today but later. She was o.k. with that but she had to ask again later on. She is cute though. We were driving home and listening to a CD of Gold City singing "I'm goin' to read it again." Hannah was singing over and over "I wee 'gin, I wee 'gin". It took us awhile to figure out what she was trying to say until Ruth figured it out for us. Ruth said, "Oh, She's saying 'I'm going to read it again'." We all had to giggle over that one which of course Hannah loves the attention.


I plan to take the kids to the store for our Homeschool supplies this week sometime. This is the official week I plan to start them back on their more formal studies. So we will probably kick it off with a little shopping for supplies and organizing their "classroom".


I have a 3D ultrasound picture of Jonathan, that I was able to scan at my parents. It is amazing what you can see with modern technology like it is. Here is the picture.

He looks pretty healthy from the picture. :) You can see his chubby arm on the left side of the picture. On the left side under his chin is just part of the placenta. The Ultrasound technician told us that it is rare to get that good of a picture. She said that 80% of the time the baby is either in a bad position or has a foot or hand in front of his face. So we got one of the few babies that cooperated with the Ultrasound. :) My husband was able to get off work in time to be there for the ultrasound which made it extra special. I had felt bad about him missing out on the first ultrasound we had done. But this time he got to see the whole thing. It was pretty neat. Hannah kept growling though. She thought that the baby looked like a little monster. So she probably thinks the baby is a monster in my tummy. Aren't 2 year olds cute sometimes. :)
Well, that's most of the latest news thus far. My husband has gone back to work and has been getting quite a few calls for preaching appointments over the weekends. So we keep pretty busy. Maybe the time will pass by quickly 'til the baby is born. The last month is the month that is usually the longest. But maybe I'll keep busy and it will go by quickly. I wonder if Jonathan is going to come early or late. Scott will sometimes ask if he can help me carry anything and my usual response is "The baby." He just smiles and says he would but I get too nervous when he tries to pick me up! I guess he's right I'll just have to wait until October.
Mar 9:37 Whosoever shall receive one of such children in my name, receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me, receiveth not me, but him that sent me.

No comments:

Post a Comment